ABCUL Conference 2024 - Pioneer Awards
The Pioneer Awards, proudly sponsored by The Co-operative Bank recognise the efforts, contribution, and achievements of individuals within the credit union sector over the past 60 years.
The Association is encouraging people to nominate those unsung heroes who have made an impact in their local credit union or the sector as a whole.
Celebrating 60 years of Credit Unions in Great Britain
The Pioneer Awards recognise the efforts, contribution, and achievements of individuals within the credit union sector over the past 60 years. We are looking for people to nominate those unsung heroes who have made an impact in their local credit union or the sector as a whole. People are the backbone of the credit union sector. Their dedication to cooperative values, coupled with the willingness to go above and beyond, reflecting a true example of “people helping people”.
Many of the stories describing the attitudes, commitment and service to the sector may sound like folklore, but in reality they describe the heroes of the credit union industry whose example is for all a model to embrace and follow. The Pioneer Awards are open to Directors, Staff, Volunteers, and those who have contributed to the credit union sector over the years.
The Pioneer Awards will be a pivotal part of the ABCUL Annual Conference 2024 at The Midland Hotel, Manchester on Friday 15 & Saturday 16 March 2024. The awards ceremony will take place during our Gala dinner on Friday 15 March 2024. All Pioneer Award winners will receive a full weekend conference pass including evening meals, accommodation, and travel.
Pioneer Awards 2024 Nomination Process
1. Nominations accepted from ABCUL member credit unions, Forum Areas, Staff, Directors and Volunteers
2. Complete this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Monday 22 January 2024
The Nomination Form includes the following information:
• Candidate’s name and contact information (email, phone etc)
• The credit union/association link
• Name, Role, and Credit Union of nominator
• Statement of support and contribution of the nominee to the sector – Why you
think the candidate deserves the recognition (1,000 words or less please) using
specific examples, sharing photos and other material to support your story.
• We would also ask for a hi-res jpg photo of the candidate, if available Gala dinner
1. There is no limit on the number of nominations a credit union can submit.
2. Winners will be selected by the ABCUL Board
3. All award winners will be notified no later than Wednesday 7 February 2024.
4. Winners will be recognised at the 2024 ABCUL Annual Conference on Friday 15 March 2024 during our evening celebrations and Gala dinner.