Making a Difference
The Association of British Credit Unions Ltd (ABCUL) is the leading trade association for credit unions in England, Scotland and Wales.
The majority of credit unions in England, Scotland and Wales choose to join ABCUL, and the Association represents the majority of the British credit union movement on every key measure - number of credit unions, number of members served by credit unions, and assets.
Our dedicated staff team is committed to making a difference to credit unions in Great Britain. We provide a full range of advice, training and development services to help our member credit unions grow as sustainable, thriving financial co-operatives.
Some of the services we offer to our member credit unions:
- representation to governments, regulators, the media and other stakeholders
- access to information and guidance
- access to exclusive conferences, training and events
- a range of products and affinity schemes designed exclusively for member credit unions
- using the collective buying power of members to purchase products and services
- online information and networking opportunities
Credit unions will become the primary source of affordable, high quality and ethical financial services for the people of Great Britain.
To be the principal, democratically governed representative body of the credit union movement in Great Britain and to provide credit unions with the leadership, services and assistance they require to meet the financial needs and aspirations of the people of this country.